|Medium Battle Dressings are used for larger
wounds. They measure 7.25" X 7.25". While the Small Battle
Dressings have two cloth (muslin) tails, the Medium Battle Dressings have
- Tear open the plastic covers and remove the dressing.
- Tear the inner paper wrapper and remove the Battle Dressing..
- Unfold the absorbent portion of the dressing.
- Place the white, absorbent side against the wound.
- Wrap the olive drab "tails" around the body and dressing
to keep it firmly in place.
When fully saturated, a Medium Battle Dressing will contain almost 400
ml of blood (not quite one unit).
The plastic wrapper can be used (with adhesive tape) to effectively
occlude an open chest wound. For further information, see Chest
Tear open the plastic wrap.
Unfold the bandage.
Apply to the wound.
Wrap the tails around and tie the ends together.